Saturday, July 19, 2008

A note from our sponsor

First a note on this misconceived project: I have decided to finish the project, but feel as though it is incorrect. Upon further reflection, I realized there were many films that I would have liked to place on the list or moved up/down the list; however, once the project began...it became impossible to "control z," which simply made it more difficult to update, as it felt like a lie.

So some notable omissions: Schindler's List, Do the Right Thing, Brick, The Elephant Man, Sid & Nancy, Psycho (1960), Half Nelson, and It's A Wonderful Life.

Movies I would leave out: Citizen Kane (gasp!), 8 1/2 (odd considering its placement, but upon more reflection on the film, I really need to review the film again, to warrant its placement), and the Third Man (an amazing film, that really only made it on the list for the most beautiful closing shot I've seen; however, the opening quarter really drags the film off the list).

So how shall we fix this....a new list of course. Alright, so the only two I wrote about stay where they are and the new list will be up shortly. See, this is why you do not compile a list in a hurry or with care of trying to have classics represented.

No comments: